Fredericksburg Dental Associates
Practice Update for COVID-19
We would like to thank all of our patients for their patience as we have worked through the phased reopening of the practice. We are now open Monday - Friday however we have changed our hours to 8:30-3:30 everyday for, at least, the month of June. This is due to the physical demands on our staff of wearing the required PPE to keep our patients and our staff safe. Below we have outlined the new protocols that have been implemented in addition to PPE to ensure the safety of patient and staff. We look forward to seeing all of our patients back in the practice and thank everyone once again for your continued cooperation and understanding. Our staff is available to answer any questions regarding our procedures to protect our patients’ safety and the safety of their families.
The following are the measures that we will have in effect to ensure your safety and minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure:
No employee will be allowed to work if they have a fever, any COVID-19 symptoms, or a positive COVID-19 test and appropriate self- quarantine measures of that employee will be in effect if they are symptomatic or COVID-19 positive.
- Patients will be pre-screened over the phone about potential exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Patients will be screened at their car or outside the office by a staff member wearing a mask, gloves and other PPE. The screening will consist of a questionnaire, informed consent and temperature reading
- Patients will be escorted into the office by the designated screener after screening and no more than 4 patients will be in the reception room at any time with proper social distancing measures in effect.
- Patients will be informed that no other people will be admitted into the office with them except for one parent accompanying a minor child or a caregiver for a disabled or elderly patient if necessary.
- Patients will be asked to bring a face mask or covering while in the reception area, check out or front desk.
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands after their procedure before leaving the dental operatory.
- Staff will wear all appropriate PPE as recommended by the CDC and ADA.
- All dental equipment, chairs, and operatories will be sanitized between patient use following CDC standards and recommendations.
- No reading materials will be given to the patients unless it is educational materials for them to bring home.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized after any patient use.
- Front desk area will be sanitized after a patient leaves the area following appointment check out.
Please call us at (540) 373-0602 with any questions or click below to learn more about our services!