FDA Dental COVID-19 Operational Updates
Practice Update for COVID-19
We value all of our patients at Fredericksburg Dental Associates and want to keep continue to keep you up to date with how COVID-19 is affecting the practice and our ability to see patients. Friday April 24th, Governor Northam extended the Order 2 mandate until April 30, 2020. Therefore we are opening our office on May 4, 2020 to a limited schedule not exclusive to emergencies. Unfortunately, this will not include hygiene appointments immediately. We are phasing the patient flow, to allow adaptation time for our staff to the new screening and PPE protocols. Allowing us to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
As our office prepares for reopen for regular business, we would like to inform our patients of the measures we are taking to ensure your safety when coming into our office. The office will start to open slowly so that we can ensure that we are implementing all of these measures properly and effectively. We are also kindly asking for patience as we still cannot accommodate a full patient load to comply with the social distancing recommendations in effect. We will reappoint patients on a priority basis of their needs.
Our staff is available to answer any questions regarding our procedures to protect our patients’ safety and the safety of their families.
The following are the measures that we will have in effect to ensure your safety and to minimize the risk to our patients to COVID-19 exposure:
No employee will be allowed to work if they have a fever, any COVID-19 symptoms, or a positive COVID-19 test and appropriate self-quarantine measures of that employee will be in effect if they are symptomatic or COVID-19 positive.
- Patients will be pre-screened over the phone about potential exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Patients will be screened at their car or outside the office by a staff member wearing a mask, gloves and other PPE. The screening will consist of a questionnaire, informed consent and temperature reading
- Patients will be escorted into the office by the designated screener after screening and no more than 4 patients will be in the reception room at any time with proper social distancing measures in effect.
- Patients will be informed that no other people will be admitted into the office with them except for one parent accompanying a minor child or a caregiver for a disabled or elderly patient if necessary.
- Patients will be asked to bring a face mask or covering while in the reception area, check out or front desk.
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands after their procedure before leaving the dental operatory.
- Staff will wear all appropriate PPE as recommended by the CDC and ADA.
- All dental equipment, chairs, and operatories will be sanitized between patient use following CDC standards and recommendations.
- No reading materials will be given to the patients unless it is educational materials for them to bring home.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized after any patient use.
- Front desk area will be sanitized after a patient leaves the area following appointment check out.
Thank you so much for your continued cooperation and support as this crisis continues to alter our daily operations. We will continue to keep our patients up to date as things change throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please call us at 540-373-0602 with any questions